The 7 Essentials To Look For In Your Whey Protein Powder
1. GRASS FED
All-natural, pasture-fed cows’ whey, NOT pesticide-treated, grain-fed cows’ whey. Comparred to grain-fed cows, pasture-fed cows produce whey that:
- Is nutritionally superior to grain fed
- Contains an impressive amino acid and immuno-supportive nutrient profile
- Is rich in healthy fats–lipolic acid and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid)
- Grass-fed cows are good source of Protein
Choose whey made without GMOs.
Look for raw or cold-processed as most whey is heat processed which:
- Makes the whey acidic and nutritionally deficient
- Damages the immuno-supportive micronutrients and amino acids
- Makes whey inadequate for consumption
- Cold processed whey protects the nutrients in their natural state
4. ACID FREE PROCESSING
Acid / Ion Exchange Processing is cheaper than acid-free processing, but it denatures the amino acid profiles by using acids and chemicals to separate the whey from the fats.
5. CONCENTRATE NOT ISOLATE
Protein isolates are proteins stripped away from their nutritional cofactors. There are three problems with that:
- All isolates are exposed to acid processing.
- Your body cannot assimilate proteins in isolated form.
- Due to over-processing, isolates are deficient in key amino acids and nutritional cofactors.
6. NATURALLY SWEETENED NOT ARTIFICIALLY SWEETENED
Most whey products are artificially sweetened making them useless if you have sugar sensitivities, or just don’t want to put artificial sweeteners or flavors into your body. Your whey should be low glycemic, low carb and should not contain any artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohol, glycerin, fructose, sugar or gluten.
7. FREE FROM HEAVY METALS
Many protein powders both whey and non-whey could contain dangerous levels of heavy metals like mercury, lead, cadmium, and arsenic. A Consumer Reports’ evaluation showed some leading brands of protein powders exceeded United States Pharmacopoeia’s (USP) recommended safety limits for certain heavy metals. You want to avoid these products at all costs because any high concentration of heavy metals taken over time could lead to serious health consequences.
Source: Food Matters
Contact me directly for daily specials and the lowest prices you can’t get anywhere else!
Voice 888-508-9296 or Text 214-533-0328