Health conscious individuals are aware of the dirty dozen vegetables and fruits list, however, now there is another list of dirty food additives that everyone must be aware of.
Food additives are normally found in processed food we regularly eat. The majority of the public isn’t even aware of food additives present in the food they are consuming.
Many of these food additives pose a threat to our health. The Environmental Working Group has identified 12 food additives, in the Dirty Dozen Additives list released by them, which can cause harm to our health.
Here are the 12 food additives that we need to avoid:
Nitrites and Nitrates
• Found in processed lunch meats, along with cured meat, including salami.
• High in sodium that contributes to high blood pressure.
• Form cancer-causing compounds.
• Linked to colon, stomach, and esophageal cancer.
•Found in processed breads claiming to be heart healthy, high in fiber and whole grain.
•It is toxic human carcinogen.
•Found in foods like food dyes, muffins, tortillas and other food products.
•Is an endocrine-disturbing chemical.
•Linked to fertility problems in women and men, decrease sperm count and lower testosterone in men.
•Might also increase breast cancer cells’ life.
Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)
• Found in preserved meats and chips.
• Linked to fertility problems, cancer and bad effects on estrogen metabolism.
Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
• Is related to BHA.
• Found in sauces, crackers, cookies, cereals, chewing gums, hummus and more.
• Linked to neurological changes, thyroid changes, and tumor development.
• Utilized in preservative in items containing edible fats like lard, sausage and other meat containing fatty texture and taste.
• Linked to brain tumors, endocrine-related health problems, fertility impairment, and abnormal estrogen activity.
• Natural alkaloid found in chocolate, sports drinks, breads, cereals.
• Linked to development and reproductive problems.
Secret Ingredient Flavors
• Found in countless food items including natural sauces, condiments, cereals, and candy.
• Linked to overeating, food intolerances, and allergies.
• Found in colorful candies, jelly beans, and other such food.
• Linked to hyperactivity and ADD in both children and adults.
• Normally listed as Red 40, Yellow 5, FD&C, etc.
• Commonly found in microwave popcorn as butter flavoring. Also found in cheese and yogurt.
• Linked to respiratory problems like cardiovascular system damage, breathing problems, and lung problems.
• Found in numerous food items, mostly processed food and fast food.
• Linked to heart disease, kidney problems, and even death in some cases.
• Utilized in baking soda products.
• Normally listed as sodium aluminum sulfate and sodium aluminum phosphate.
• Linked to neurological toxicity, Alzheimer’s disease, and cognitive problems.
In order to avoid these dirty dozen additives, it is best to know what is in your food.
Always read the labels of the food items before you buy them.
It is also recommended that you prioritize the usage of real foods in order to avoid harming your health.
If you can, grow your own organic garden to reduce your cost and enjoy the healthy benefits.
The Cellulite Myth: It’s Not Fat, It’s FasciaThe South Beach Wake-Up Call: Why America Is Still Getting Fatter and Sicker, Plus 7 Simple Strategies for Reversing Our Toxic LifestyleOrganic Anti-Cellulite Massage Oil. 100% Pure Plant Based Professional Cellulite Treatment. Reduces Appearance of Cellulite, Tones and Detoxifies Skin. Fast Absorption for Quick Visible ResultsThe Truth About Harmful Chemicals in our Food and the Diseases They Can Lead to: Top 10 Chemicals to Avoid (Chemicals to avoid, Chemicals in food, ADHD, … Cardiovascualr Disease, Harmful chemicals)