Related: 5 Easy Weight Loss Tips For Women
I went to my parents over the weekend and as usual, we spent most of our time talking and eating. I go with good intentions but end up pigging out.
This time I consumed a box of vanilla wafers, chocolate chip cookies, and Lucky Charms! That doesn’t include the pizza we had for dinner.
Yikes! Well, I know because I eat well the majority of the time, I can get back on track easily without this ruining my fitness and health goals.
If you ate too much over the weekend like I did, never fear!
Here are 5 things I usually do after a binge to help me get back on track and they can help you, too.
- Let go of the guilt. You can’t take back your binge. What’s done is done. Today is a new day. Move on.
- Drink extra water. When I binge it’s usually on high fat, high sugar, and high salt foods. Often, I feel bloated the next morning. The best thing you can do is drink more water and flush those toxins out. You don’t have to go crazy or be obsessed, just drink a few glasses more than normal.
- Plan your food for the day and follow it. I admit, I love a good binge (admit it, you do too) but I don’t like the day after. I overcome this by eating clean the next day. I start my morning with a glass of water with lemon, Cleanse for Life and about an hour or so later I drink an Isalean protein shake and the rest of the day I eat lots of vegetables and grass-fed meat. I end the day with another few ounces of Cleanse for Life.
- Get rid of junk. I usually binge when I visit my family or when I go out of the house. However, if you still have some junk in the house get rid of it. It’s too tempting to keep it in the house. At least for me it is.
- Get moving. You probably won’t gain weight from a single binge but you will have water weight, toxins and feel bloated. Get up in the morning, do a quick HIIT routine and stay active. You will have more energy and it will get your mind of the junk food.
- Consider fasting. I’ve been intermittent fasting for several years. When I eat too much or binge on junk I tighten my eating window. Meaning instead of an 8 hour eating window I shrink it to a 4 hour window every day of the week and I do some cleanse days. Read more about the benefits of intermittent fasting.
Don’t fret. We all pig out once in a while. The main thing is not to make junk food a regular staple in your diet.
Eat clean 80% of the time and enjoy your life. Lifetime habits of clean eating are what will help you stay healthy and lean over the long run.
Need A Kick Start
If you need a kick start to help you lose weight from a few too many binge days, check out the Superfood Nutritional Cleansing Program. It’s simple, it’s toxic free, it tastes great and it will help you get in the habit of clean eating without a lot of fuss or obsession over food. If you need a mini jump start, check out the
I use the Cleanse for Life and Isalean Shakes every day. Usually, after vacation, I hit it hard with 2 full cleanse days which helps my body release all the toxins and helps me get back on track.
A friend of mine wrote a book called “Never Binge Again“. It’s worth checking out on Amazon since his Kindle version is free.