Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C and other essential nutrients that can help your body in many ways. I’m sure you’ve seen many articles written about the benefits from all sorts of sources from Huffington Post to Food Matters.
Here are 9 of my favorite benefits:
- Balances the pH levels in the body and helps flush out toxins
- Aids digestion
- Great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- Helps reduce pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
- Helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
- Gives your immune system a boost
- Gives you an energy boost
- Helps you fighting hunger cravings
How much should you drink?
Squeeze half of a lemon into a glass of water or use a drop of your favorite lemon essential oil (I know there are debates about taking oils internally, do what you feel is right for you after you research it). Not only are the benefits of lemon water endless, it’s one of the most substantial yet simple changes you can make for your health.
Usually I drink a glass of room temperature water and a drop of lemon essential oil every morning when I wake up. However, drink it whenever you can fit it into your schedule.
Is lemon water part of your daily routine? Let me know what benefits you’ve seen.