In this post, I’ve compiled some of my favorite essential oil recipes that you might use in your beauty routine.
*Scan down the page to find anti-aging serum, stretch mark cream, detox bath recipe, tooth powder recipe, PMS relief blend and more*
Homemade Anti-Aging Oil Serum
There are several different recipes you can try for making your own anti-aging oil serum. Try one and if after a few weeks you don’t like it try out a different formula.
Just like using any skincare, you have to find the combination of oils that work best for your skincare needs.
Dr. Axe’s Anti-Aging Oil Recipe
1/4 oz Jojoba Oil (get it here)
1/2 oz Evening Primrose Oil (get it here)
1/4 oz Pomegranate Oil (get it here)
15 drops Vitamin E Oil (get it here)
20 drops Frankincense Essential Oil (get it here)
10 drops Carrot Seed Oil (get it here)
Add ingredients to a dark glass bottle.
Related: 20 Skin Care Recipes Using Essential Oils
Extend The Life Of Your Mascara
Mascaras can be a breeding ground for bacteria.
Did you know you should replace it after just a few months so as to avoid bacteria growth?
Well, lavender oil to the rescue.
Add a drop of Lavender Oil to your tube when you first open it and extend its life.
It’s best to do this when you open a new tube but I’ve added it to old tubes too.
Some say Lavender Oil will kill and control the mites that could possibly already living in your lashes.
Lavender essential oil can also promote lash growth plus strengthen and volumize your lashes not to mention it makes them smell, too.
DIY Lash Growth Serum
- Empty, clean mascara tube (don’t reuse old mascara bottles!)
- Castor oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- Fill the bottle 3/4 of the way full with Castor Oil
- Add 2-3 drops of each essential oil
- Mix with mascara
- Apply to eyelashes every night after washing your face
- See results after 3-4 weeks!
DIY Makeup Setting Spray
Here is a great DIY makeup setting spray that can help set your makeup so it doesn’t run or smear in humid weather.
I got this one from Dr. Axe, too.
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel (get it here)
1 tablespoon witch hazel (get it here)
5 drops of lavender essential oil (get it here)
2½ tablespoons purified water
glass spray bottle (get it here)
1. Place the aloe vera gel into a small dish or jar.
2. Add the witch hazel and blend.
3. Add the lavender.
4. Add the water and mix well.
5. Once blended, carefully pour it into your glass spray bottle using your funnel if needed. Shake well.
After you have applied your makeup, hold the bottle a few inches away from the face and mist the face with one or two pumps of your Lavender DIY Make-up Setting Spray and allow to dry.
Expect about 10–20 applications per recipe depending on how much you use each time.
If you like the idea of making your own deodorant stick give this recipe a try and follow the directions in the video.
Also, be sure to check out this guide on antiperspirant vs deodorant.
1/8th Cup Almond Carrier Oil (get it here)
1/4th Cup Coconut Carrier Oil (get it here)
1 TSP Meadowfoam Carrier Oil (get it here)
1/2 TBSBeeswax Pellets (get it here)
30 Drops Lavender Essential Oil (get it here)
1/2 Cup Arrowroot Powder (get it here)
1/2 Cup Baking Soda
Empty Deodorant Containers (get them here)
Essential Oils For Menstrual Pain
These oils were found to be helpful for menstrual pain when massaged at 2-3% dilution. According to these studies, they were found to be more effective than placebo or massage alone.
Homemade Tooth Powder
According to Dr. Zielinski at NaturalLivingFamily.com the 3 top oils for oral health are peppermint, orange, and clove.
Oil pulling (more info here) and using a natural tooth powder will go a long way in helping keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Try this recipe of Dr. Z to make your own tooth powder.
• 10 drops essential oils
• ¼ cup distilled water
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil (more if making toothpaste)
• ⅓ cup bentonite clay
• 1½ teaspoons stevia powder
• ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
• Small glass bowl
• Medium glass bowl for mixing
• Food processor
• Small glass jar for storing
1. Mix your essential oils in a small glass bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the hot water and coconut oil and let stand until the coconut oil melts.
3. Put the bentonite clay, stevia, and sea salt in the food processor and process until combined.
4. Add the water and coconut oil mixture gradually and process until combined.
5. With the machine running, add the essential oils and process for a few more seconds. The mixture should be granular and slightly damp.
6. Store in a glass jar with a lid.
7. Apply enough to cover your toothbrush. Wet with water and brush as normal.
Note: To make the tooth powder into toothpaste, gradually add more coconut oil, blending as you go, until you reach the desired consistency.
DIY Hair Detangler
Related: Top 6 Essential Oils You Should Own And How To Use Them
Essential Oil Blend For Healing Bruises
Detox Bath Recipe
This is great for soothing away pain and stress.
Click here for more essential oils for stress and anxiety
Homemade Stretch Mark Cream
Combine these ingredients in a small jar. Apply liberally morning and evening.
Diffusing Your Essential Oils
Don’t forget about diffusing Lavender or any other of your favorite essential oils while you are getting ready for bed or even in the morning.
There are many oils that will help you relax and ease you into a great nights sleep.
If you need an energy boost in the morning try orange and lime essential oils.
Buy this diffuser if you see it under $20. It’s a great one for the bathroom or anywhere in the house.
More diffuser recipes here
Tell me your favorite way to use essential oils in your beauty routine.