One of the biggest dilemmas of the modern life is that we have stopped believing in miracles of nature. For every problem, we look up to science for a solution or cure. We tend to forget that our ancestors lived healthier and prosperous lives long before there was the concept of chemicals and science. While our lifestyles have changed a lot, nature is still as powerful as ever. Coconut oil is just one of the most significant examples of how nature has hidden the best of its miracles inside a small shell.
Coconut oil is great for your beauty and your health. While it has uncountable benefits, here are 10 that make it an absolute essential for everyone.
- Good for Fat Loss – Coconut oil is exceptionally effective in reduction of fat particularly from the area around the abdomen. It balances the hormonal level and metabolic rate allowing your body to burn more calories and fat.
- Curbs Appetite – Another reason its helps weight loss is its appetite controlling capability. Coconut oil increases the number of keytone bodies that satiate your hunger faster. It effectively reduces the untimely cravings for snacks and unhealthy food.
- Improves Energy Level – While it decreases your appetite, it compensates the lower calorie intake it by providing a good amount of energy itself. Coconut oil contains high amount of medium-chain triglycerides that are quickly converted into energy instead of getting stored in the body.
- Helps Nutrient Absorption – Coconut oil improves and aids proper absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K. which means you can make the most out of your smaller portions of meal.
- Stabilizes Blood-Sugar Level – Coconut oil stabilizes a multitude of levels and functions including thyroid, cholesterol, and blood sugar level. It converts cholesterol into pregnenolone, which help synthesis of human hormones in our body.
- Slows Down Skin Aging – For centuries, coconut oil is widely used as an effective anti-aging remedy. It is a natural moisturizer and is full of anti-oxidants. It also protects the skin against sun damage and UV rays.
- Prevent Alzheimer’s – Coconut oil is extremely great amazing for better brain functions. People who take coconut oil regularly are found to be at lower risk of age-related-diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reduces Stroke Risks – As mentioned, coconut oil breaks down cholesterol into pregnenolone. It increases the level of good cholesterol while at the same time toxic buildup in the arteries. This improved blood coagulation strengthens your defense against heart related diseases and stroke.
- Fights Infections – coconut oil contains lauric acid. It is known for its anti-bacterial capabilities. Daily intake of coconut oil improves your body’s resistance against viral and internal infections. It can also be applied on the skin to prevent infections on wounds, burns, or cuts.
- Improves Hair Health – Coconut is considered the most magical hair treatment for all kinds of issues including hair fall, dandruff, and hair breakage. Also, it works as a powerful protective serum against UV rays, sea water, and chemically treated pool water.
While coconut oil has been used for ages, its benefits are now backed by a multitude of scientific research and studies.
How do I use it?
Along with oil pulling I add a tablespoon of coconut oil to my morning coffee. We slather it on whenever we have itchy skin, cuts and dry lips. I use it as carrier oil for essential oils and as a moisturizer at night before bed. I keep a big tub in the kitchen and a small jar in the bathroom.
What Coconut Oil Should You Get
I found a good brand at Costco called Carrington Farms that we like but I’ve also ordered Nutiva Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil from Amazon.
If you use coconut regularly let me know how you use it, what benefits you’ve been getting and your favorite brand.
Surprising Health Benefits of Coconut Oil