I’ve been using essential oils for several years and my favorite oil is Lavender.
Wanna know why?
It can be said that lavender oil is one of the top 6 oils used and it’s the most versatile essential oil.
It has been in use for over 2500 years and was used by the Egyptians for mummification and as a perfume, and by the Romans for cooking, bathing, and scenting.
It is known for its soothing smell and great benefits on the skin.
It can eliminate the need to use perfume or carry a first aid kit.
Shop Online? Skip To The Bottom For Essential Oil Discounts I Found This Week
10 Top Uses For Lavender Essential Oil
*make sure to use a high-quality essential oil if you plan to take it internally*
- For Burns and Cuts: Use 2-3 drops of it to decrease the pain, stop the bleeding, and clean the wound, killing the bacteria.
- Treat Eczema: Apply a mixture of lavender oil and coconut oil to the affected skin.
(more coconut oil beauty hacks here)
- Acne Treatment: Lavender oil inhibits bacteria causing skin infections and reduces scarring as well. Add a few drops of the oil to your usual cream or moisturizer.
- Soothe Aching Muscles: Add a few drops of lavender oil and some Epsom salt to your bath to soothe aching muscles.
- Treat Anxiety: If you suffer from anxiety, stress, depression, migraines, or a sleep disorder, taking lavender oil by mouth can help improve sleep and anxiety.
(more essential oils for stress and anxiety here)
- Prevent Motion Sickness: Apply a drop of lavender oil to your tongue, around the navel, or behind the ears.
(more help for car sickness here)
- Stop A Nose Bleed: Simply apply a drop of lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around an ice cube.
Rub the ice cube from under the top lip to the base of the nose until comfortable or until the nosebleed stops.
- Soothe Sunburned Skin: Mix a few drops of lavender oil with your favorite carrier oil (or use a carrier oil stick) and gently rub on skin.
- Relieve Chapped Skin or Lips: Simply rub lavender oil on your skin or lips.
- Treat Dandruff: Dandruff can be a real problem for some people, and no matter how hard you try, it doesn’t seem to leave you alone.
Instead of using toxic shampoo simply mix a few drops of lavender oil in your usual shampoo and rub into the scalp.
For really tough dandruff mix lavender oil and coconut oil together and leave on scalp for 15 minutes before washing out.
Related: Essential Oil Tips For Beginners
Diffuse Your Lavender Oil
As you may know, one of the most common uses of essential oils is diffusing.
It may be in your favorite diffuser or diffuser jewelry but dispersing lavender in the air and enjoying the scent during the day to calm you or at night to help you relax before bed is a simple way to use and benefit from it.
Once you get into using oils you will want more than one diffuser. These are some we use.
Essential Oil DiffuserNanum Car Air HumidifierUltrasonic Cool Mist HumidifierSpaRoom Mini Scentifier
Use Lavender In Your Beauty Routine
The uses of lavender are endless. Read my Beauty Hack post to learn more ways to use it from killing bacteria in your mascara to PMS cramps.
Use Lavender As Your Favorite Beauty Hack
How I Use Lavender Essential Oil
I always carry a bottle of lavender in my purse for emergencies.
I’ve had to pull it out for burns, cuts, and scrapes.
Recently a friend had her hand slammed in a car door and she immediately put lavender oil on her fingers to help soothe the pain.
When my girls were younger I would put a few drops in my hands, rub them together and then rub the lavender oil on their feet.
It always helped them sleep better at night.
Where I Get My Lavender Essential Oil
I’ve used several different brands of lavender essential oil over the years.
I know there are many opinions on which brand of oils is the best.
Do your own research and use what is best for your family.
As of late, I’ve been using Isagenix Lavender Essential Oil. (it’s the only brand I will ingest)
I also really enjoy Simply Earth and Plant Therapy oils.
If you are new to using essential oils check out the Simply Earth Subscription Box.
It’s the best way to get a variety of oils and recipes without breaking the bank.
Read one of my Simply Earth reviews here.
(use discount code STACYRUSSELLFREE to get a $40 rebate)
You Tell Me… Do You Use Lavender Essential Oil?
Learn Which Essential Oils To Use In Your Beauty Routine
Top 6 Essential Oils and How To Use Them
100 Practical Uses For Essential Oils