Lavender Essential Oil Has So Many Uses
I’ve been using Essential Oils for several years and my #1 go to oil is Lavender.
It can be said that lavender oil is the most versatile essential oil and the most used.
Related: Essential Oil Tips For Beginners
It has been in use for over 2500 years.
It was used by the Egyptians for mummification and as a perfume, and by the Romans for cooking, bathing, and scenting.
It is known for its soothing smell and great benefits on skin. Lavender oil can eliminate the need to carry a perfume or a first aid kit.
It’s one of the top oils I think everyone should have on hand.
Be sure to check out these Essential Oil Accessories. Everyone needs a good diffuser!
Aptoyu Essential Oil Diffuser*New* Bliss Diffuser NecklaceEssential Oil DiffuserNanum Car Air HumidifierUltrasonic Cool Mist HumidifierSpaRoom Mini Scentifier
10 Top Uses For Lavender Oil
- For Burns and Cuts: Use 2-3 drops of it to decrease the pain, stop the bleeding, and clean the wound, killing the bacteria.
- Treat Eczema: Apply a mixture of lavender oil and coconut oil to affected skin.
- Acne Treatment: Lavender oil inhibits bacteria causing skin infections and reduces scarring as well.
Add a few drops of the oil to your usual cream and use it as a cleaner or moisturizer.
- Soothe Aching Muscles: Add a few drops of lavender oil and some Epsom salt to your bath to soothe aching muscles.
- Treat Anxiety: If you suffer from anxiety, stress, depression, migraines, or a sleep disorder, taking lavender oil by mouth can help improve sleep and anxiety.
(make sure to use a high-quality oil if you plan to take it orally)
- Prevent Motion Sickness: Apply a drop of lavender oil to your tongue, around the navel, or behind the ears. We also use Peppermint Oil for this.
- Stop A Nose Bleed: Simply apply a drop of lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around an ice cube.
Rub the ice cube from under the top lip to the base of the nose until comfortable or until the nosebleed stops.
- Soothe Sunburned Skin: Mix a few drops of lavender oil with your favorite carrier oil (we use this coconut oil stick) and gently rub on skin.
- Relieve Chapped Skin or Lips: Simply rub the oil on skin or lips.
- Treat Dandruff: Dandruff can be a real problem for some people, and no matter how hard you try, it doesn’t seem to leave you alone.
Instead of using toxic shampoo simply mix a few drops of lavender oil in your usual shampoo and rub into the scalp.
For really tough dandruff mix lavender oil and coconut oil together and leave on scalp for 15 minutes before washing out.
How I Use It
I always carry a bottle of lavender in my purse for emergencies. I’ve had to pull it out for burns, cuts, and scrapes.
Recently a friend had her hand slammed in a car door and she immediately put lavender oil on her fingers to help soothe the pain.
Last week I put a few drops in my hands, rubbed them together and then rubbed them on my daughters’ feet. Then I put a drop on each of their pillows.
They slept amazingly well that night. I should make that a habit!
Where I Get My Lavender Oil
I’ve used several different lavender oils with success. I know there are many opinions on which oil is best. Do your own research and use what is best for your family.
I’ve been using Plant Therapy lavender oil I originally purchased on Amazon.