We are bombarded with toxins every day.
We simply can’t avoid them.
But detoxing your body doesn’t have to be expensive.
There are many ways to cleanse and purify your body without breaking the bank.
With a little bit of planning and some smart choices, you can achieve the benefits of detoxing without spending a lot of money.
Whether you’re looking to improve your overall health, boost your energy levels, or lose weight, there are plenty of budget-friendly options available.
With a little bit of creativity and some cost-effective strategies, you can effectively detox your body and improve your overall health and well-being without spending a lot of money.
1. Intermittent Fast Daily
Intermittent fasting has quickly become my favorite healthy habit because it has numerous benefits for both our bodies and minds.
From speeding the metabolism to potentially preventing cancer!
When we fast for a certain period, our bodies switch on the so-called autophagy process (from Greek – self-eating).
But do not worry – it sounds scarier than it is.
So as the body starts to disintegrate and deplete some of its tissues, fortunately, the first cells that are being sacrificed are the unhealthy cells!
Our bodies are magnificent and sophisticated smart machines!
So, short periods of fasting are extremely beneficial for the well-being of our bodies.
Read More: The Ultimate Intermittent Fasting Guide
2. Drink Lots Of Fluids
One of the best methods for body detoxification is increasing our water intake.
It does not cost much, but it is quite effective plus it combines perfectly with intermittent fasting!
- Use clean spring or filtered water for the best results
- If you can’t afford a water filter you can buy cheap charcoal filter sticks (it’s what we use when we go on vacation because they easily slip into your water bottle)
If you don’t like plain water you can get more fluids by drinking detoxing teas.
Herbal teas (or tea blends) taste better than plain water and boost the cleansing processes in our bodies.
Some of the best choices are Peppermint, Coriander, Oregano, St.John’s Wort, Chicory, and Milk Thistle.
3. Exercise More
Most types of exercises have invigorating and cleansing effects on our bodies.
They stimulate the blood and lymph flow and thus, help the body get rid of more unnecessary substances.
One particular type of practice that can significantly boost the natural detoxing processes of the body – yoga.
Yoga is not just about stretching the body and muscles or chanting mantras.
- It is a holistic practice that stimulates our whole body and all of our organs
- It increases our blood and lymph flow
- It helps our body cleanse itself gently and easily.
It is safe to say that not every yoga session is beneficial and what we are looking for is the cumulative effect of persistence.
Nevertheless, there are many asanas, which can facilitate the detoxing process in the body, such as Wide-Legged Forward Bend and Seated Forward Bend, Downward-facing dog, Plow pose, Staff pose, Sage’s Pose, Revolved triangle pose, Locust Pose, Bow Pose, and more.
Most of these asanas work directly on the liver, which is a key organ for our body detox.
Related: Read more about how exercise helps you detox
4. Sweat More
This goes hand in hand with exercise but you can also sweat through hot baths, saunas, yard work, or hanging out at the beach.
Sweating serves as a natural mechanism for detoxification by aiding in the removal of toxins and impurities from the body through the pores of the skin.
When we sweat, our body releases not only water but also small amounts of substances like urea, ammonia, and salts, helping to cleanse the body of waste products.
5. Dry Brush Your Body
Dry brushing is an extremely beneficial ritual that also happens to be very low-cost with a one-time small investment (for the brush itself).
This practice, as the name implies, is simply massaging the body with a high-quality brush like these on Amazon for several minutes a day.
Although it seems like a very simple technique, the underlying benefits of dry brushing are numerous!
- It stimulates the lymph flow
- Helps our body take out toxins and organic waste more easily.
- It also improves blood circulation which stimulates the nourishment of the skin.
- Can boost our natural immunity making us more resilient to viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
- It significantly improves the skin’s structure and subcutaneous fat which may help prevent and heal stubborn cellulite!
6. Use Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is a herb that is commonly used in traditional medicine to support liver function and aid in the detoxification process.
The active component in milk thistle is silymarin, which is a group of flavonoids that have been found to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
When it comes to detoxing, milk thistle is believed to help in several ways:
- It protects the liver cells from toxins and harmful substances, by strengthening the cell membranes.
- It supports the liver’s ability to regenerate new cells, which helps to restore its normal function.
- It also helps to increase the production of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that helps to neutralize toxins in the liver.
It is important to note that while milk thistle is considered safe for most people, as with any supplement, it is best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting to take it, especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.
7. Eat More Fiber
Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that cannot be broken down by the body’s enzymes, so it passes through the digestive system relatively intact.
Fiber can help the body detox by acting as a “broom” to sweep waste and toxins out of the digestive system.
- Insoluble fiber: found in foods such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, adds bulk to the stool and helps to keep the digestive system regular, promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation which helps prevent the buildup of toxins in the colon.
- Soluble fiber: found in foods such as oats, beans, and fruits, binds to toxins and waste products and helps to remove them from the body. Additionally, soluble fiber also helps to lower cholesterol levels, which is beneficial for liver health and detoxification.
A diet rich in fiber can also help to balance the gut microbiome, which can help the body detoxify by breaking down toxins and removing them from the body.
It’s important to note that a high-fiber diet is not a replacement for other detox methods, but it can be a great addition to a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet, regular exercise, and stress management techniques.
Pro Tip: Add tasteless Glucomannan powder to your smoothies for the added fiber.
8. Try A Lemon Water Detox
Drinking lemon water is a popular choice that offers numerous benefits for the body and mind.
Not only does it help promote hydration, but it also makes it easier to increase your water intake, which is crucial for maintaining optimal health.
One of the key benefits of lemon water is its ability to support weight loss.
By drinking lemon water, you’ll feel fuller for longer, reducing the urge to snack on unhealthy foods and ultimately aiding in weight management.
In addition to its weight loss benefits, lemon water is also a great source of vitamin C, which plays a crucial role in boosting the immune system.
With its natural antioxidant properties, lemon water can help protect your body against harmful free radicals and strengthen your immune defenses.
Another advantage of incorporating lemon water into your routine is its positive impact on digestion.
Combining all these things will go a long way in helping your body detox on a budget.
Seriously, if you’ve never thought of detoxing then this is the place to start.
Every small change can lead to others and eventually, you will be making great strides in your overall health.
What is your favorite cheap cleansing routine? Leave a comment below! I am eager to find out!
You Might Also Like:
21 Amazing Benefits Of Cleanse For Life
9 Things To Do This Week To Lose Weight