Imagine eating something delicious that can help lower your cholesterol, reduce the risk of cancer and heart diseases, and even put you in a better mood. Plus, it has no side effects!
No, it is not a drug. These are none other than the natural growing food that are available in all the supermarkets, better known as superfoods. These are an amazing source of numerous vitamins and minerals that can keep your body healthy and strong.
Related: Lose weight with the Superfood Cleansing System
Here are some of the top superfoods that can do wonders for your health:
Blueberries – For Antioxidant
- These are filled with phytoflavinoids, antioxidants, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Blueberries help in lowering the risk of cancer and heart diseases.
- These are anti-inflammatory as well.
Omega 3-Rich Fish – For Memory, Joints, and Heart
- Fishes are a great source of omega-3 which is known to decrease the risk of heart diseases, treats arthritis, helps with Alzheimer’s, as well as memory loss.
- They are also known to lower the levels of depression.
- These are rich in monounsaturated fats which help in reducing cholesterol.
Chia Seeds – For Liver Protection and Brain Function
- These are popular among the health enthusiasts and are a favorite in vegetarian diets.
- Chia seeds are filled with nutrients and have low calories.
- They are a great source of energy and are also rich in protein.
- The protein in chia seeds is weight loss friendly and helps in reducing cravings and appetite.
- The many benefits that can be gained from chia seeds are controlled blood sugar, reduced blood pressure, and lowered cholesterol.
Flax Seeds – For Appetite
- These seeds are perfect for managing your weight and improving menopause conditions.
- Flax seeds can easily be added in any dish to enhance its health benefits.
- They assist in suppressing blood levels and modulate appetite.
- They are an excellent source of dietary fibers.
Pumpkin Seeds – For Energy
- These seeds are rich in iron which assists in maintaining energy levels.
- They are alkaline forming which are essential in the highly acidic diets consumed today.
- Pumpkin seeds are an amazing source of vitamin B including folates, vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid, niacin, riboflavin, and thiamin.
- These are beneficial in treating depression as L-tryptophan, chemical component in these seeds, helps in boosting mood.
Almonds – Controlling Cholesterol
- Helps in reducing bad cholesterol from becoming oxidized.
- This helps in reducing cardiovascular risk and preventing damages to the blood vessels’ lining.
- Can be used as snacks or added in salads or cereals.
Dark Chocolate – Boost Brainpower
- This is an antioxidant which good for your overall health.
- The caffeine in dark chocolate plays an important role in enhancing mental acuity.
- It is filled with flavonoids which enhances blood flow by reducing blood pressure and handling cholesterol.
Not only are these superfoods extremely healthy for us but are also delicious to eat. Include these amazing food items in your diet to maintain your health and live a better life.
My favorite sweet treat is the Dark Chocolate IsaDelights from Isagenix. Love these! Of course, since they are a superfood I can justify more than one. Right?